Can you believe Q3 is over? Time to reflect on the goals and celebrate the finishes.
My Q3 FAL goals were posted here. Here they are in photos:
…and an update on my progress:
1. My quilt from my ABQ MQG challenge and my Victoria Findlay Wolfe class. Most of the quilting is done for this one, so on to binding and making the label. UPDATE: DONE! I posted about it here, and entered it in the Bloggers Quilt Festival.
2. Red and White stars – I made this quilt top forever ago and recently found it hiding away. I just used it this week in my first long arm class, so I should be able to get it bound and finished quickly. UPDATE: DONE! I posted about it here. Not my favorite, but not bad for my first time long-arming.
3. My green and black accented squares quilt. UPDATE: No progress. Actually that’s not quite true. I finished ripping out all the old quilting stitches that I really didn’t like. I was going to use this for my long-arm class, but went with two other quilts instead. I’ll add this to my Q4 list, but I’m not sure I’ll get to it.
4. Quilt that darn row houses! UPDATE: Not done, but I’ve made a lot of progress. I’ve decided to call this quilt Voldemort – the quilt that shall not be named! I am actually starting to think it is evil. I had it basted on muslin and started to quilt it. I was trying to do a bunch of straight lines with my walking foot to anchor the quilt, but it wound up getting all puckered and bunchy on the back. I haven’t had that happen in a really long time. I ripped it all out (I’m getting too good at that….), and bought some new backing that is a bit heavier in weight. I’ve been quilting it the past 3 weekends and am now done with all of the inside and only have the borders left! Lots of dense loops takes lots of time. The end is in sight…
5. Make my Blueberry Park fat quarters or charm packs into something cool. UPDATE: Not done, but I decided to use a drunkard’s path template set I had never used and have made a bunch of blocks. Need to figure out the layout and get it together.
6. I started the Moda Bee-utilful QAL, and that wraps up in August. I haven’t even started the blocks yet, and they are all embroidery, so getting this one done will be a stretch. UPDATE: I’ve finished 6 of the 20 embroidered blocks. I’ve really been enjoying this one – great handwork to do at night to relax after work. Aren’t they just stinkin’ cute??
7. Finish the Hawaiian sampler. UPDATE: Nothing. Nada. No progress at all.
So only 2 finishes, but, as ever, lots of other things going on:
- I started a new job in mid-July – moving to a new company after 23 years with another company. I had been off for 3 months between jobs, so clearly my rate of progress declined in Q3 due to actually having a day job. I’m still trying to figure out the balance of work, home/family time, sewing, and blogging. My blogging has been lacking and sewing has been slow.
- My blog is kind of broken. The plug-ins aren’t working, so no email to subscribers. It has some corruption problem that at times made it impossible to do anything at all. I now can post, but I still haven’t fixed it.
- I participated in the Cloud9 block design blog hop, which was a lot of fun. I designed two blocks (posted about them here and here), and made this mini-quilt. I really love the mini quilt and am especially proud of the quilting on it. I am making progress on my machine quilting this year!
4. I collected a bunch of row-by-rows in during my July travels and have started working on those.
5. I kept working on my Splendid Sampler blocks, though I’m behind on both those and my Sugar Block Club BOMs. I’ll work on catching up when Row Houses is done!
It was a good Q3 – lots of change, but lots of progress. On to Q4 and finishing up the year strong!
Linking up with the Q3 FAL page.
Congratulations on your finished and you have some wonderful projects on the go. Not to mention the other things you did this quarter – well done!