I did reasonably well with my Q4’17 FAL list. It wasn’t very long, but Q4 tends to be really busy with the holidays so I’ll just be happy with what I completed!
Here was my list:
- Blueberry Park Drunkard’s Path – I started putting together the top, and I have it about halfway done. Need to do the rest and get it quilted. UPDATE – DONE!! I love the quilting on this guy, and I posted about it here.
- Scrappy Geese – I bought this bag of scraps at the Albuquerque Modern Quilt Guild Destash sale because I loved the cute critters. The deer, the owl, and all the funny bugs! And I got some cute fox fabric for the back. These geese are ready to quilt up. UPDATE – DONE!! I posted about this guy here.
- Bright Puzzle – I finished the top in Q3. I upgraded my LongArm to Prostitcher Premium one weekend, and as I was fooling around with the new software I loaded this guy up and got it all quilted. I love the bubbly looking quilt pattern. This is an easy finish – just need to get it bound. UPDATE – DONE! Posted about it here.
- Bee Quilt – the top is done and it is ready to quilt. I just need to get up the courage to actually quilt it! UPDATE – I’m about halfway done with the quilting. I do need to figure out how I want to quilt the borders and get it bound.
- Red and Blue Squares – all the little squares are cut out and ready to sew together. UPDATE – no progress at all! Need to get this guy pieced and finished.
- Hawaiian batiks – still need to figure out how I want to assemble the top, buy some setting/sashing fabric, and get it put together. UPDATE – no progress. I do have a possible purpose for this quilt now, so I think I’ll get on this guy in January.
Not terrible progress – right at 50%. I was really hoping to get the Bee Quilt done too, and I nearly got there but I just didn’t quite get it done. It should be a quick (ish) finish for January.
All in all I had a very good and productive 2017 – I made a lot of progress with my long arming and finished many quilts that I am very proud of. I look forward to more quilts in 2018!
Linking up with the Q4’17 FAL page