I’m both really happy with my Q1’18 finishes, and kind of disappointed. I finished a few really great quilts that I am really proud of, but I also didn’t get to sew (or blog!) as much as I wanted to this quarter. I had some changes going on at work that kept me away from my sewing room, but I’m hoping I have that under control so I can get more sewing in during Q2’18.
But for now, this was my list for Q1’18:
- Bee Quilt – I’m about halfway done quilting this guy and should finish it soon. UPDATE: DONE!! I wrote about it here, and it turned out so great!
- Alison Glass Quilt – I have a secret project that I need to get done by mid/early March. I have all of the fabric pulled so I need to get cutting, piecing and quilting to get this done. UPDATE: DONE! This was my Glass Plus quilt for the Modern Plus Sign Quilts Book Blop Hop, which I wrote about here. I love this quilt!
- Hazel the Hedgehog – I made a few test blocks and I love how they came out. I can’t wait to make the rest of the blocks and get the top together. UPDATE: DONE! I wrote about her here, and she got sent off to my new nephew in Hawaii last weekend.
- Dog Gone Cute Bee Quilt – these are the blocks from my Bee group last year. They are so cute! UPDATE: I finished the last 2 blocks and decided on a sashing plan to finish it. I also started piecing the sashing and have made good progress. I really hope to finish this one in Q2’18.
- Red and Blue Squares – all the little squares are cut out and ready to sew together. Lots of squares and seams to match up. UPDATE: I have this mostly pieced so I should get it loaded and quilted soon.
- Hawaiian batiks – I finally bought the sashing fabric, so this guy is ready to be finished. I may have a purpose for this quilt now, so I think I’ll get it done this quarter. UPDATE: I had good intentions, I really did. I cut all the sashing strips, but I’m still not sure I love how it is coming together. I will think about it some more…
- The Cat Quilt – I have a plan for this quilt, as well as the fabric, but I need to figure out how to get it put together. UPDATE: No progress. Nada. Nothing. Sigh.
So yes, some really great finishes and a whole lot of no progress. But I think I have real-job-work-life a bit more under control, so high hopes for Q2!
Linking up my finishes with the Q1’18 Finish-A-Long site.