Checklist for preparing your quilt:
- Press your top and backing well.
- Mark the top of the quilt top and the top of the backing.
- Make sure both the top and backing are accurately squared
- Backing and batting need to be at least 8” larger than the quilt top in both directions. There needs to be plenty of excess for me to load both pieces on to the machine.
- Drape the top, batting, and backing over padded hangers to prevent wrinkles. Do not baste the quilt together.
- Consider theme, designs and patterns for the quilting.
- Decide on threads and batting.