I actually did a lot of sewing in Q2’19, but I got amazing little actually finished. Of 7 planned projects I only completed one. One!! In fairness that one consisted of making 6 tote bags, and I made a lot of progress on the other projects.
Here we go:
- Generative HSTs: This one is nearly done – just need to bind it.
2. Narrow Chickens: I requested this block from my online Bee group to make quilts to donate. However the block pattern/tutorial was a bit unclear as to which way the big block was oriented – one way made a narrow chicken and the other a wide chicken. As a result, I made and received a variety, so I made two quilts. Both tops are done and ready to quilt. This is the narrow version:
3. Wide Chickens: This is the wide version:
4. Dots: I did get this top planned out and made from the jelly roll I started with, so I did make progress. Now to square it up and quilt it:
5. Purple X: This started as a stash buster with 2″ squares, but instead of just joining all the 2″ squares together I decided to try something different. I like how it turned out:
6. Blue Plus: Same idea as Purple X, but a plus and blue. This one came from “Modern Plus Sign Quilts” by Cheryl Brickey and Paige Alexander, whose blog hop I participated in last year:
7. Han and Leia: I made these blocks to hang in my office and join my Death Star. I’m just going to quilt them up as mini quilts:
8. Wavelength: I made a bunch of extra HSTs when I made the Generative HSTs, which I used in a different arrangement for this quilt top. I think I’m going to quilt it with different color threads and have those colors go off into the grey. Should be kind of cool, I hope…
9. Spinning Stars: I’m still trying to figure out what to do with these blocks. Maybe it will come to me this quarter..
That should keep me busy. I also want to plan and design a few more things – maybe my own sampler? We’ll see. Lots of quilting ahead this quarter!
Linking up with the Q3’19 FAL.