I only got two done this quarter, but they were big ones. Both were block of the month or quilt along projects from 2016. I’m really happy to have them completed, and I’ve overjoyed with how they came out.
This is the list I started with:
- Sugar Block Club 3.0 – top is done, back is done, batting is ready to go. It is actually loaded on the frame now and I’ve started quilting. UPDATE: DONE!! I posted the finished quilt here I entered it into the New Mexico State Fair and won a First Place ribbon as well as Best Modern Quilt. YAY!!
- Splendid Sampler – top is done, back is done. I’m kind of scared to quilt this one, but I bet it will be cool. UPDATE: DONE!! I posted the finished quilt here.
- Bee Quilt – the 20 embroidered blocks are done. I need to piece the top, then on to quilting. UPDATE: Top is done, need to figure out the backing and get up the courage to quilt it.
- Blueberry Park Drunkard’s Path – still looking for inspiration to piece this one and get it moving. UPDATE: I’ve started to put the top together, but it isn’t done yet.
- Hawaiian batiks – need to figure out how I want to assemble the top, buy some setting/sashing fabric, and get it put together. UPDATE: no progress
- Red and Blue Squares – this started with me trying to use up all my scraps from my Splendid Sampler, and now I don’t have enough blue scraps to finish what I planned. Oh crud, more fabric! UPDATE: I have the whole quilt cut and have enough pieces – need to assemble it now.
- Bright Puzzle – I found this bag of cut pieces ready to go in a bin in my sewing room recently and decided to whip it together for another long arm practice piece. UPDATE: Top is done, ready for quilting. This one will be a good longarm practice quilt.
Only 2 finishes, but they were big ones, and I got 3 other quilt tops together and ready to quilt. Not a bad quarter at all!