2019?? Really? Seems crazy.
I finished 3 of my 5 projects from last quarter, so I have a bunch of new things in the works for Q1’19.
1. Quilt the Summer Sampler: I finished the quilt top at my October quilt retreat, but I was really bugged by a large grouping of orange in the top middle of the quilt. I performed quilt surgery over my winter break and fixed it up. These are the before and after photos:
I’m working on getting this guy loaded and quilted now.
2. Hawaiian Wall hanging: I found this wall hanging recently when I was finishing up my Hawaiian Sampler. I decided that since I was all warmed up with quilting Hawaiian quilts I might as well tackle it. I couldn’t even tell you when I made this quilt top.
3. Sweetwater BOM: I signed up for this in early 2015 as it had embroidery and I pretty much love everything Sweetwater does. However I didn’t love doing this embroidery – it was just outlining and didn’t really add much to the block – so I took forever to get it done. I’m in the process of assembling the top now.
4. Spinning Stars: I made a few of these blocks last fall. I need to decide on a setting. Maybe just a few blocks and lots of negative space?
5. Spring Canister Fabric Bucket: One of my retreat buddies has one of these and it is so cool. I found the pattern, the spring, and the fun cat fabric at my LQS. I’m looking forward to making this at my retreat this week.
6. Cat Kit: I love these panels and broke down and bought this kit. I’m hoping to do this one at my retreat this week as well. It is looking like a cat themed retreat!
7. Generative Grunge HSTs: I’ll write more about this later, but I’ve pulled the fabric for this quilt.
8. Birds Quilt: just a fabric pull for now – maybe I should work on the birds with the cats?
9. Basic Mixology Inch quilt: also just a fabric pull at this point. I washed and ironed the back ground fabric this weekend and have a pattern ready to go.
10. Dots: Another fabric pull – back ground fabric is also now washed and pressed.
11. Strip Quilt: and yet another fabric pull! I’m trying to leftover strips from a jelly roll I had laying around.
A very long list. I’ll probably finish the first 3 and make a bunch of progress on the others. I’m really trying to design and sew projects using my stash, and perhaps donate a few of those to Project Linus. I’m developing quite an inventory of quilts and I’m sure someone can put them to better use.
Linking up with the Q1’19 FAL.
You have some beautiful projects to work on! I love your lucky 13 pattern and the fabrics you chose. Good luck with your list!
Thanks! I think I’m at last working through my old UFOs and can start new stuff so that’s exciting. In fairness on the Lucky 13/Cat quilt I have to admit it was a kit from my local shop – HipStitch – so I can’t take credit for the fabric pull. But I love the fabrics and the cat panels, so it should be fun to work on!
hope you have a productive Q1’19 as well!
What fantastic projects. I love your Hawaiian quilt!!
Thanks so much! I’m excited to finish the Hawaiian quilt and get started on the others. I’ve had a ton of UFOs I’ve been finishing up lately so cutting into some new projects will be fun.