2019?? Really? Seems crazy.
I finished 3 of my 5 projects from last quarter, so I have a bunch of new things in the works for Q1’19.
1. Quilt the Summer Sampler: I finished the quilt top at my October quilt retreat, but I was really bugged by a large grouping of orange in the top middle of the quilt. I performed quilt surgery over my winter break and fixed it up. These are the before and after photos:
I’m working on getting this guy loaded and quilted now.
2. Hawaiian Wall hanging: I found this wall hanging recently when I was finishing up my Hawaiian Sampler. I decided that since I was all warmed up with quilting Hawaiian quilts I might as well tackle it. I couldn’t even tell you when I made this quilt top.
3. Sweetwater BOM: I signed up for this in early 2015 as it had embroidery and I pretty much love everything Sweetwater does. However I didn’t love doing this embroidery – it was just outlining and didn’t really add much to the block – so I took forever to get it done. I’m in the process of assembling the top now.
4. Spinning Stars: I made a few of these blocks last fall. I need to decide on a setting. Maybe just a few blocks and lots of negative space?
5. Spring Canister Fabric Bucket: One of my retreat buddies has one of these and it is so cool. I found the pattern, the spring, and the fun cat fabric at my LQS. I’m looking forward to making this at my retreat this week.
6. Cat Kit: I love these panels and broke down and bought this kit. I’m hoping to do this one at my retreat this week as well. It is looking like a cat themed retreat!
7. Generative Grunge HSTs: I’ll write more about this later, but I’ve pulled the fabric for this quilt.
8. Birds Quilt: just a fabric pull for now – maybe I should work on the birds with the cats?
9. Basic Mixology Inch quilt: also just a fabric pull at this point. I washed and ironed the back ground fabric this weekend and have a pattern ready to go.
10. Dots: Another fabric pull – back ground fabric is also now washed and pressed.
11. Strip Quilt: and yet another fabric pull! I’m trying to leftover strips from a jelly roll I had laying around.
A very long list. I’ll probably finish the first 3 and make a bunch of progress on the others. I’m really trying to design and sew projects using my stash, and perhaps donate a few of those to Project Linus. I’m developing quite an inventory of quilts and I’m sure someone can put them to better use.
Linking up with the Q1’19 FAL.