This one is another finish of a long arm practice quilt. I made this top a long time ago from leftover fabrics from a cute baby quilt I made for a friend. I thought this top was fine, but was really never motivated to finish it.
I’m trying to practice a number of different things each time I do a quilt on the long arm, so this time I chose to practice stitching in the ditch, dot-to-dot quilting, and using loops as a filler. I used Isacord Poly thread (#151), which is a grey, Warm and Natural batting, and muslin as the backing.
This was another machine binding practice piece, and I think it came out reasonably well. I’m still pretty inconsistent in getting the stitching consist on the back – either on the binding of just off the edge, but I’m still pretty happy with it (and happy the whole binding process only took me about 40 minutes!).
I plan on donating this one to our local Project Linus.
This quilt was on my Q1’17 FAL list, so I’ll be linking it up when the time comes.