I had several goals for Q4’16 on my FAL list, but really only one project that was really, really important to me. Between the new job and the large effort required to finish that one project, my finish list is short…but I’m still very happy!
My Q4’16 FAL goals were posted here. Here they are in photos:
1. Row Houses, aka Voldemort. I’m SO CLOSE!! Just borders left to quilt on this guy. UPDATE: DONE!! YAY. Posted about here. I said that if I got this quilt done I would do a little celebratory jig…and I did!!
2. Blueberry Park Drunkard’s Path. Need to setting on a layout, perhaps make a few more blocks and get this guy together. UPDATE: Not one bit of progress. At all.
3. The Mess of a Quilt. This was my second practice long arm quilt. I didn’t finish quilting it during my long arm block of hours time, so I’ll have to finish it on my home machine. It will look funny, but I’ll get it done. UPDATE: No progress, but now I have a long arm to reload it on and finish.
4. Green and black squares – still needs to be quilted. UPDATE: No progress, but I’ll try and quilt it in Q1’17.
5. My Sugar Block Club BOM. I won’t get this quilt done this quarter as the last block will come out at the beginning of December, but I need to catch up on my blocks. UPDATE: Not finished, but I did finish all of the blocks. Need to work on the layout, get it together and work on the quilting.
6. Bee-utiful Quilt along quilt – I still have 14 blocks left to embroider, so this one is a stretch. UPDATE: I’m not done with all of the blocks, but I have made progress. I’ve made 6 more blocks, so 8 more to go to make 20. Here is my most recent block finish. The flowers were fun!
Only one finish, but it was a big one! I also bought a long arm and spent most of December learning how to use it. I’m hoping it will help me finish a bunch more next year.
How exciting that you bought a long arm. I’m sure we will be seeing some wonderful finishes in 2017.
Thanks! I’m hoping to wrap up quite a few of my quilts in progress.