I don’t know what it is about these chickens. I just keep making them. These blocks are great stash busters and are really pretty easy to make. I cut out a bunch of extra fabric when I made my last one and finally got to putting them together and in to a quilt.
Anyway, on to Chickens Version 4:
I had been having problems with my Prostitcher and this was the first quilt I quilted after I got it back. I tried out a new edge to edge design called Bebop. It is kind of a swirly thing. My machine worked great and the design stitched out well.
I did the binding with the same fabric as the backing. It is kind of a shocking yellow – I really wanted something a bit more subtle but I did the best I could picking it out online! – but I think it looks good against the black sashing.
Chickens #4 Final Details:
- Finished 55″x65″
- Warm & Natural Batting
- So Fine#50, color #517 (light yellow) on both the top and bobbin
- Pantograph is Bebop from Urban Elements
- 49,236 total quilting stitches.