We are heading toward New Years’ and it is a good time to look ahead toward 2017. Yvonne at Quilting JetGirl is hosting a linky party that is a great opportunity to make some plans and check out what others in the Quilty World are up to.
So what is on deck for 2017?
I’m trying to pick a word for the year, and the best I can come up with is ‘Settle In’ (which I understand is two words, but you’re going to have to give me a break here!). I had a lot of change in 2016 – leaving my job of 23 years and starting a new one, and in quilty life starting this blog and buying a long arm – so I’m looking to find some balance, make time to sew, and get really comfortable and skilled with the things that I’m doing. With that in mind:
Long Term Goals:
- Find a good balance between work and life and make sure I keep making time to sew. Getting bit more physical activity and losing a few pounds wouldn’t be a bad idea either!
- Continue to try new things with my quilting. Learn new skills, make things that are outside my norm and my comfort zone.
Short Term Goals:
- Long arm, long arm, long arm. I want to get very comfortable and capable with my new big machine! I’m taking an Angela Walters class in March that should help.
- Figure out something to do with all of these quilts! I will be making some donations, but I’m also considering opening an Etsy store.
- Do less BOMs and quilt alongs this year and do more of my own designing. I joined a monthly design group that should push me to do this.
- Keep up with my Bee group. I’m in a group with some great folks from my New Blogger’s group. I’ve never done a Bee, so it should be fun.
Projects on the list:
- Sugar Block Club BOM layout and finish
- Splendid Sampler layout and finish
- Death Star quilt
- Blueberry park Drunkard’s Path
- Hawaiian batik sampler
- My embroidered Bee quilt
- Other stash projects – I have a large amount of fun bundles I have purchased that I need to get working on (more Blueberry Park, some Alison Glass, Me+You batiks, some Grunge…)
- Long arm practice quilts (rings, funky squares, Circa 1934 Squares, mess-of-a-quilt)
I think that gives me plenty to work on! I’m going to try and get some focus and get some of these projects knocked out.
Here’s to a healthy and productive 2017!