It’s getting close to March and probably a bit late to be talking about resolutions, but I put together a list of goals and projects I want to work on this year.
Here we go…
1. Start this blog (check!). I now need to figure out how to link up to things and add buttons.
2. Improve my Free Motion Quilting (FMQ). I’ve been doing FMQ for some time, but have kind of fallen into a rut of stippling and swirls. I have two or three smaller quilts I can use to practice, plus practice sandwiches, and maybe I’ll try a few mini quilts.
3. I joined a few quilt alongs – the Stitchery Dickory Dock’s Sugar Block Club 3.0 BOM that my Albuquerque Modern Quilt Guild is doing, Christa Watson’s Facets QAL, and The Splendid Sampler. These should be fun, educational, and push me outside my normal boundaries.
4. I have an awesome hand-dyed houses quilt that I need to finish…I’m holding on to it for a little while until I improve my FMQ! I want to do something with big swirls.
5. Use my stash! I bought a few new things for these quilt alongs, but I really want to focus on using up what I have. I’m trying to do the whole Splendid Sampler from my stash.
6. Work on a few other pet projects – I need to make some little zippered bags for some friends, and I’m really digging the Plus quilts that She Can Quilt makes – so I think I’ll tackle those too.
That should keep me busy for a bit. I might be a bit ambitious, but its good to get it written down so I can check in on myself, and give myself a little high five as I get some stuff done.
Here’s to some cool creating in 2016!