I had fewer projects on my list this quarter, but a few pretty big ones a long time in the making. Also a few that would require me to feel pretty confident with my still new long arming skills to complete. I did reasonably well.
Here was this list:
- Circa 1934 Squares: This is the quarter! I’m doing it! I have a quilting plan and will get it loaded up in the next week or so. UPDATE: DONE!! Can’t believe it. I posted about it here. I think it came out really great.
- Red, Black and White Coins: I finished the quilt top in Q1 and it is ready to quilt. UPDATE: DONE! Man did I have a bunch of problems with this one, but he is done, and I posted about him here.
- Green Coins: This is an older UFO that I recently reworked. It originally had cream sashing and looked terrible, so I tore out the cream and inserted the green instead. Much better, and ready to be quilted. UPDATE: DONE!! I posted about it here, and am so happy with how it came out.
- Caterpillar Quilt: Still need to get this quilt top together but it should be quick. I think I’ll use this quilt top as another Pro-stitcher practice quilt. UPDATE: DONE! I did use this as another Prostitcher practice quilt, and I love it. I posted about it here.
- Sugar Block Club 3.0: I mostly have a quilting plan ready to go. I need to piece together a backing and get up the courage to do the quilting. UPDATE: Top is done, back is done, batting is ready to go. This will be the next one I load up.
- Blueberry Park Drunkard’s Path: blocks are done – need to put it together and quilt it. This one just hasn’t been inspiring me, so I need to figure out what I want to do with it. UPDATE: No progress 🙁 Still looking for inspiration on this guy.
- Splendid Sampler: The quilt top is all together and it looks great. I need to piece the back and figure out how I want to quilt it. UPDATE: Back is pieced and ready to go. I’ll probably work on this one after the Sugar Block Club 3.0 quilt.
- Bee-utiful Quilt along: I have 4 more blocks to do before I finish all the sashing and setting to get the top together. This would be a stretch, but I will make progress. UPDATE: I finished all the embroidery blocks and have started piecing the top. I’ll put this on the list for next quarter.
It was a quarter with some set backs and some good progress. I had hoped for more progress, but I am happy with what I did get done. Looking forward to getting the Sugar Block Club and Splendid Sampler quilts done in Q3.
Linking up with the Q2’17 FAL page