I had a lot of projects on my Q1 FAL, and I really got a lot done! My main goal was to get lots of practice with my new longarm, and I’m happy to say that I did a great job on that front.
- Bow-tie Quilt: this is a really old top I made forever ago that I pulled out to practice with on the long arm. I need to finish the quilting and try some machine binding. Update: DONE – posted about here.
- Mess-of-a-Quilt: I started quilting this last summer during my long arm renting time/classes. I got it about 3/4 of the way quilted before I ran out of time. I’ll need to load this on my own long arm and finish it up. Update: DONE – posted about here.
- Bright Squares: this is another top I made a long time ago from the leftover fabrics from the Bow Tie quilt. Another good quilting practice quilt top. Update: DONE – posted about here.
- Death Star: I saw this pattern online recently, just loved it, and had to make one. Update: DONE – posted about here.
- Rings: I’ve had these rings cut forever but need to put them on the top and get it quilted. I pulled this one out again as a good practice quilt. Update: DONE – posted about here.
- Black and White Stripes: I got this one cut recently – it will be another good practice quilt. Update: DONE – posted about here.
- Red, Black and White Coins: This has been cut for awhile – another good practice. Update: Quilt top is done, I’ll add it to the Q2 finish list.
- Caterpillar Quilt: I just love this fabric. I pulled it to do a tumbler quilt for a new baby quilt. Update: No progress after the fabric pull
- Circa 1934 Squares: I have a few more practice quilts to do before I’m ready to tackle this one, but I should get to it this quarter. Update: I planned out a quilting plan, but I just wasn’t sure it was what I wanted to do. I got a good dose of motivation after my Angela Walters workshops this past weekend. I’m loading it on my longarm this week.
- Sugar Block Club 3.0: quilt top is done! Need to decide how to quilt in and get it finished. Update: Again, I did a lot of quilting planning, but am not feeling quite confident enough in my quilting skills. I’ll add it to the Q2 list.
- Blueberry Park Drunkard’s Path: blocks are done – need to put it together and quilt it. Update: No progress here. I need to get some inspiration around this one!
- Splendid Sampler: This has been a lot of work – we are up to 88 blocks, with another 10-15 bonus blocks. We’ll get to the full 100 by about February or March, and I’m looking forward to wrapping this one up. Update: I finished all the blocks (posted about here), decided on a layout and got the top together. I’ll add the finish to my Q2 list.
- Bee-utiful Quilt along: I’ve done 12 of the 20 embroidery blocks, so I’m not likely to get this one done, but I’m enjoying doing the embroidery every night relaxing after work. Update: I finished 4 more blocks – only 4 more to go!
Thirteen UFOs was a long list, and I can’t believe I finished 6 of them. I also finished the tops for another 3, so it looks like Q2 will be full on long arming. I should have another good quarter of finishes.
Linking up with the Q1’17FAL page